Sunday 28 December 2014

Heritage Farmstead : Living life country style

Wishing all my readers a merry Christmas and a very happy new year. I hope you guys accomplish your goals and be super happy and successful the coming year.

I have been busy enjoying my holidays the past week. Since this is my first year in the US, I am very excited to dive in the culture and experience the life here, so we decided that we will spend the holidays going around Dallas and visit places that we usually never go to and gather new experiences.
Yesterday we went to this place called "Heritage Farmstead Museum" in plano. Based on the reviews we figured that it is a farm/museum located in the heart of the city. I found that hard to believe at first but when we reached there I was pleasantly surprised to find this jewel quietly hidden amidst the hustle bustle of city life. Its a beautiful country style farm house and has every possible thing you could imagine at a farm.




There was a beautiful little pond surrounded by trees just behind the house.


Beside the lake there was a whole miniature animal farm. These cute little pigs were having a lot of fun in their sty.



There were these huge asses of the size of an Indian horse. This one was named Jack. ' pun unintended'



We got to feed chickens and turkeys. I saw a turkey for the first time in my life, I mean first living turkey of course.



There was a windmill behind the house and there were a lot of early century farming equipments that people used in those days.


And there was this scarecrow that I thought was super cute.






  We definitely had a day well spent getting a sneak peak into the old world country life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages